Last updated 26/06/2018
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information. We want to share information and news about our activities with you. We can do this via e-mail, but only if you would like us to. This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you.
Who are we and how do you contact us?
We are the Danish Society for Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology (DSMKB), a section of the Danish Chemical Society. We are a data controller of your personal data. You can contact us using the contact form on our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect contact information, currently restricted to your name and email, so that we can contact you with information about our activities, and invoices for the membership fee. We collect this data from our website contact form, emails from you to us, and personal communications from you to one of our board members. When you request membership, or when you sign up for one of our events, we assume that you give your consent for us to collect data that you provide.
How do we use your personal information?
The DSMKB will process your data in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We may process your information in any number of ways for the following purposes:
- To administer and manage your membership
- To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed
- To administer and manage the information we make available to you
- To compile delegate lists for advertising events arranged by the DSMKB
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We only process your data with your consent.
Who can access the personal information, and do you share it with anyone?
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously, and therefore, we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you. Only the board members of the DSMKB have access to it. You can see who they are on this page. We will not share information with anybody outside the DSMKB, with one exception: we will share your name and email with the Danish Chemical Society for the sole purpose of administering the invoicing and processing of membership fees.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We may be required to archive your personal information however, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, ie where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obligated to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
Your rights in relation to personal data
- If you contact us with a request, you will have a right to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
- You can request that we correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure that your information is accurate and up-to-date.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, ie where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obligated to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You can request that your personal data is transferred directly to another ‘data controller’ at any time.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time without prior notice to you by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We will indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website.